- This event has passed.
Beyond Careers VITA free tax preparation
February 10, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Beyond Careers Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Free Tax Preparation
In partnership with Internal Revenue Service – Stakeholder Partnerships, Education & Communication (IRS-SPEC)
All Tax Preparers are IRS-Certified at the Advanced Level
Addressing the Needs of Tax Payers in low-to-moderate income (LMI) bracket
- Let us know if someone else can claim you as a dependent.
- If you are a college student, make certain you know if anyone else can claim you.
Documents to Bring
· A copy of last year’s tax return
· All forms W-2 and 1099’s,
· Information for other income
· Information about expenses
· Information for daycare expenses
· Bank account number and routing number (e.g. voided check) for direct deposit of refund
· Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification (ITIN) cards for you, your spouse and all dependents
· Valid picture identification for yourself and your spouse, if applicable
Spouse MUST be present if filing a joint return
- Free tax preparation if earned less than $58,000 in 2017
- Avoid paying the high costs of commercial tax preparation, saving $200 or more in tax preparation fees
- Information about the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Maximum EITC credit = $6,318 (3 qualifying children)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC)
- Limited Tax advice and planning through the Financial Education and Asset Building (FEAB) program (by appointment)
No Schedule “C” or Schedule “E”
IRS FACT: Your income tax return cannot be filed with the last pay check stub, only with a W2!
If you are able to complete your own taxes – http://www.myfreetaxes.com