- This event has passed.
Beyond Careers VITA Free Tax Preparation
April 7, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Beyond Careers Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Free Tax Preparation
In partnership with Internal Revenue Service – Stakeholder Partnerships, Education & Communication (IRS-SPEC).
All Tax Preparers are IRS-Certified at the Advanced Level
Addressing the Needs of Tax Payers in low-to-moderate income (LMI) bracket
- Let us know if someone else can claim you as a dependent.
- If you are a college student, make certain you know if anyone else can claim you.
IRS FACT: Your income tax return cannot be filed with the last pay check stub, only with a W2!
Documents to Bring
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- All forms W-2 and 1099’s,
- Information for other income
- Information about expenses
- Information for daycare expenses
- Bank account number and routing number (e.g. voided check) for direct deposit of refund
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification (ITIN) cards for you, your spouse and all dependents
- Valid picture identification for yourself and your spouse, if applicable
Spouse MUST be present if filing a joint return
Purchased insurance through the Marketplace?, please bring form 1095-A. Exemption from the Marketplace, please bring your exemption certification notice or letter. Questions Visit http://www.healthcare.gov/ or call 1-800-318-2596
- Free tax preparation if earned less than $58,000 in 2017
- Avoid paying the high costs of commercial tax preparation, saving $200 or more in tax preparation fees
- Information about the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Maximum EITC credit = $6,318 (3 qualifying children)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC)
- Limited Tax advice and planning through the Financial Education and Asset Building (FEAB) program (by appointment)
No Schedule “C” or Schedule “E”
If you are able to complete your own taxes – http://www.myfreetaxes.com